Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I just got my motorola Droid 4 today, and it wont send text

Customer Question

I just got my motorola Droid 4 today, and it won't send text messages!!!! I get them just fine, but it won't send. Help!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Did it work at all since you got it, or has it not worked right from the start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just got the damn thing today, farm fresh out of the box. It won't allow me to send text messages at all.
Ok, lets see where the issue is.

I need you to test something, so we can see whats causing it hopefully. Open the Play Store app, search for and install a free app called GO SMS Pro. Once it installs, open it and try and send a text message. Let me know the outcome.
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is the "Play Store App"?

Its one of the apps on the phone, open up the list of all your apps (called your App Drawer) and you will find one called Play Store. If you haven't used the Android Market yet, then you need to look for an app called "Market", and after you use it, it will update to the Play Store.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Go SMS Pro Jellyfish?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I installed Go Sms Pro. Then I went to the text message feature and it still won't let me send....

We'll make it easier. Go to this webpage and click install, when it asks you to sign in, use the same Google Account thats on your Android.
OK, you got it installed and it still wouldn't send?

If thats the case, you need to call Verizon right away and ask if something is wrong with your account. Since its a new phone and you can receive messages as well as us testing a new app, so we know its not the messaging app thats not causing it.

It will more than likely be an issue with your line, and the way they setup the new line on your device.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I called Verion. They had me take out the SIM card, reinstall, reboot. Now it works. Thanks so much man!!! You're a lifesaver!
No problem, I am glad its all working now! Once you said the second app didn't work I knew it wasn't the phone and was the service(sim).

Have a great night and enjoy the new phone, you'll love it!