Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

I have used up all my internal memory in my kindle fire. I

I have used up all my internal memory in my kindle fire. I have moved all my books and apps to the cloud, but it hasn't improved my memory at all. How can I correct this
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

It seems like there is some corrupt data in the storage for your Fire. The best way to handle this is to completely reset the Fire. This is actually no big deal since you have everything in the Cloud, so it will all instantly re-sync when you sign back in with the same Amazon Account.

Here's how you do it:
  1. Tap on the Settings Icon (*top right)
  2. Choose More
  3. Choose Device
  4. Choose Reset to Factory Defaults

That will clear out all storage in a matter of minutes and you can sign right back in, and it will be fine!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(or the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I read this solution in the instruction booklet and was a little hesitant because I would have to reregister all over again. Well I did it anyway, and my internal storage is now less then it was and application storage, which I uninstalled everything in it is now less. Do you have anymore suggestions.

Yes, there is definitely some corrupt data in there. My suggestion is that you reset it again, and then literally a third time... before you even set it up again.

If that does not fix it, then the good news is that Amazon is awesome as far as taking car of it, and you can get a free replacement overnighted to you. They will send you out a new device for free, and include a return label for you to ship back the broken device. Most of the time, they even overnight the new one without charging you anything.

If you call now, you can probably get your new Fire tomorrow! Call this number, and it will get you to the warranty replacement department for Amazon and you will be able to get it exchanged. 1-866-321-8851. I still suggest attempting to reset twice more, but if that doesnt work then get your replacement!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have reset my Kindle twice more and it did not refresh my memory! I will be calling the warrenty dept. after I type this. I'm not sure if this is worth $38 so hopefully I can receive a refund.

If you feel I should not be compensated for the help and information I gave you, you can request a refund. I am not compensated for it unless you press the Accept button anyways, so you have not paid me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have explained to the tech at amazon at least four times the problem with the memory and he doesn't get it. I have restored to factory default at least 6 times now and the memory amount stays the same. He has now hung up on me. I am going call again when I have calmed, but not right now. Thank you for your help. And I will not be asking for a refund.

Thats horrible! Amazon is known as having the best customer service of any major company. It seems you got a bad CS representative.

I suggest when you call back, that you tell them the device just wont work. That it boots up and you have reset it multiple times but no apps open, just tell them its horrible and you would like a replacement.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I orginally asked Just Answer how I could correct a internal memory problem. Restore to factory default he said and memory would return to original status. I did that 6 times and it did not return to original status. I am not having a problem opening any apps, books, etc. I now have every book I ever ordered on my carousel, from the cloud, ready to be downloaded. Why it didn't stay in the cloud I don't know. I just don't have any internal memory to order any more books. I know I can buy more memory, but B&N is looking pretty good right now.

If they are listed as in the "cloud" and not under the "device" tab, then they are not taking up your memory. Nothing used the devices memory unless its on the device.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team