Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

my galaxy s cell phone is stuck in "safe mode"

Customer Question

my galaxy s cell phone is stuck in "safe mode" and i can't get it to work now...what do i do to get out of safe mode? i can't get into any apps, and it just keeps restarting its self....over & over & over & over.......thanks
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your Android issues.

Please press and hold the Power button for 2-3 seconds. Select Shutdown or Turn off. Then turn your phone back on by pressing the Power button. Thank you.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i know how to turn my phone off & restart it. it has the words "safe mode" in the lower left corner, i cannot get into any apps, or use any of the functions on my phone.....it just keeps restarting its self over & over
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks.

Please take the battery out while the phone is on. Put it back and turn the phone back on.

If that does not work, power the phone on. Turn it of. Take battery out and put it back. Turn your phone back on. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
neither suggestion worked. it is still in "safe mode" and restarting its self
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Please then turn off your phone. Take battery out for 5 minutes. Put battery back and turn it on.

By the way, did you update or change anything on the phone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nothing has been changed or updated......it started doing this tuesday afternoon, and had been fine prior to this. i had it turned completely off all day yesterday & turned it back on this AM.....and it is still doing it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok, took battery out for 5 minutes, put it back in, turned it on............and it's still doing the same thing...............
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Please do the following to reboot your cell phone:

Turn off the phone. Or take battery out and put it back in.
Press and hold down Volume Down button.
Press and release Power button.
Release all buttons when Logo comes up.
You will see the menu. Select Reboot system now. Your phone should reboot.
See if that will work.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there isn't a menu coming up to select reboot from.............
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
If you go to safe mode, will it restart/reboot right away?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is stuck in the safe mode.......i don't know how it got to the safe mode.........it just keeps rebooting, even after all the things you had me do........
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Sorry but I am out of ideas. Let me reopen your question to all experts. Please wait for their reply. You will get email notifications once someone replies. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for trying!
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!