Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I have a Motorola Droid X2. Suddenly it is in safe mode and

Customer Question

I have a Motorola Droid X2. Suddenly it is in safe mode and I don't know how to turn off the safe mode. I've tried holding the power button and power off. I've tried holding the menu button and power button at the same time. I've taken the battery out and reinstalled. Nothing works.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your Android issues.

To disable Safe Mode, all you have to do is to turn off the phone. Hold the power button for 3-5 seconds and select Power off. When you turn it on, it should be out of Safe Mode.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've tried this numerous times and also mentioned this when I submitted my question and it does not work.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks.

Please try to do these steps:

1. Take battery out and put it back in.
  2. Press and HOLD Volume down then press the Power button (approx. 3-5 seconds) to power the device on. Continue holding Volume down.
  3. When Fastboot appears (located at the top), select Fastboot and select Reboot. See if Safe Mode will be disabled.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, got "fastboot", but exactly how do you select it?

Ok, figured out how to select by using the volume button, but I don't get a choice for "reboot". Must be called something else

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Please use Power button or Home to select.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Under Fastboot, what do you see?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Here are my choices:

NvFlash

BP HW Bypass RSD

BP HW Bypass QC DLOAD

BP HW Diag & Boot AP

BP HW Bypass BP Only

BP SW Bypass RSD

Android Recovery

Boot Android (No BP)

Device UID

Device UID = 0428908244402d7

and now it's stuck. I can't get it to go back to "fastboot"

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Please take battery out and put it back. Turn your phone on again.

I am out of ideas. Let me open your question to all experts. Please wait for their reply. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Actually, I don't think I was "selecting" anything. when I used the volume down button it just took me to another option, i.e. fastboot, then NvFlash, then BP HW Bypass RSD and so on.

So, I don't think I actually selected fastboot. How would I have "selected" it. What button should I have pushed?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, I started over with taking battery out, putting back in. Holding volume down and power button until "fastboot" came up. This time I hit the volume up button and now I see under "fastboot", "Starting Fastboot protocol support".

Now what?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
I think your phone needs a flash to original firmware.

When did you have this issue? Did you try to mod or upgrade it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It started two days ago, virtually out of no where. I was not trying to modify or upgrade it.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
If you take the battery out and put it back. Then turn the phone on. Will it boot in with Safe Mode again?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried this several times and safe mode is still there. Did you read my earlier responses back and forth with the first person that was trying to help me?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry but you might need to bring it to Verizon store and see if they can help you restore the firmware.

Let me reopen your question to all experts. Someone might know how to do that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!