Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

How can I transfer photos from an LG Lucid smart phone to my

Customer Question

How can I transfer photos from an LG Lucid smart phone to my Mac Pro lap top?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

I would normally give you the USB drivers from LG and explain how to do it that way, but they haven't released the drivers for Mac yet.

So, I have a better option for you. It will allow you to transfer the images, as well as ANY other files, to and from your Mac and Android wirelessly, for free.

Use Dropbox:

• Visit Dropbox by clicking here (watch the video if you want, its VERY informative!). Sign up for a FREE account and download the Mac Software they provide.
  • Now open the Market app on your Android and search the Market for "dropbox".
  • Once the dropbox app installs on your Android, sign in using the same account you just created on their website.
  • That's it, now the simple part.
  • Open up ANY file (picture, video, word, document, anything etc.) that you have on your Android and press the Menu button on the phone. Choose to "Share" the file, and choose Dropbox as the app to share it with. (I recommend using WiFi when syncing for the first time to make it go faster)
  • As soon as its done uploading, the file will instantly become available on your computer in the Dropbox folder that you now have thanks to the Mac software you installed!
  • This also works in reverse, if you wish to you can drop a file into your dropbox folder on your computer and it will be available by opening the dropbox app on your phone.

This is by far the easiest way to wirelessly sync files to and from your computer!

A little hint. ANY file you have synced with your dropbox account is also available via dropbox.com , so you can access them from any browser on any computer, anywhere.

How to Share FOLDERS of images, without sharing them one by one to dropbox.

• Download a free app called "QuickPic" (its a Gallery app, but with far more features than the stock one you are using)
  • Once it loads all your images open the folder that has all the images you want to send to your pc
  • Press the Menu button on your phone
  • Choose multi select
  • Press Menu again and choose select all
  • Press Menu again and choose Share and select Dropbox.

Also, on some models you don't need to do that, you can actually hold your finger on the folder in the gallery for a couple seconds and choose to share the entire folder from the menu that pops-up.

Now all those images will upload to your computer.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!