Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric , Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I accidently dropped my droid razr in water and now it is unresponsive

I accidently dropped my droid razr in water and now it is unresponsive and has a red light blinking alternately with the green light at the top left of the face. I have only had my razr for 2 days and NEED my phone to work!!!! HELP!!! How do I make my razr work again???
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Whatever you do stop trying to turn it on and DO NOT plug it in!

Now, the only thing you can do with the Razr to save it right now is put it in a ziplock bag for 24 hours, full of dry rice.

Do not try and turn it back on. Fill a ziplock with dry rice and put the phone into it, zip it up and squeeze any air out of the bag. Let it sit for 24 hours, no less. Then, try and turn it on.

If this doesnt work, then the water damage was too severe to restore the device.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted Laughing) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!