Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

My HTC android phone will not allow me to open my messages

My HTC android phone will not allow me to open my messages from a specific number. I suspect the memory is full but I cant delete the texts If I cant open them... i don't want to have to delete them all.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

Please go to settings->applications->manage applications->all, click on "media storage", and then "clear data". Go back to ALL and select Google Services Framework and select clear data. Turn your device off and back on. Test your phone again.

IMPORTANT: Please bookmark this page in case we got cut off, for revisits, and for reference. Windows: Ctrl + D to save to favorites. Mac: click the + next to address bar or click Bookmarks->add to bookmarks.

Please click ACCEPT MY ANSWER and THE SMILEY FACE ONLY IF IT IS HELPFUL AND YOUR PROBLEM(S) SOLVED so I can get credit for this answer. I really appreciate if you can leave a Positive feedback.

If your issue is not resolved, feel free to ask me questions or let me know the situation.

Thanks and have a great day!

Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still no luck...
What you can do now is to go to Google Play or Market and download SMS Backup & Restore. Do a backup with a file name you can recognized. When you are done, move it to microSD card and take it out. Then you can do a factory reset, which will wipe out the phone data and restore to factory settings. So you will need to backup other files like data, music, videos to microSD card or computer before proceed.

• Select Settings.
  • Select Privacy
  • Select Factory data reset
  • Select Reset phone
  • Select Erase everything.

Please let me know if you have any questions before doing the factory reset. Thank you.