Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

how do I send books from calibre to kobo vox?

I can see the kobo vox memory when it is attached to my laptop and the books are there - however they do not show up in the kobo vox library. How do I get to read them on the kobovox?

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX have worked for Sprint and AT&T and have been repairing Cell Phones Professionally for 10+ yrs.

I will go ahead and tell you, this can be an easy or very difficult process. All that you have to do is plugin your Kobo Vox into the computer with Calibre open and allow the device to install itself. Calibre should detect it and allow you to transfer book to it very easily. If you can't get Calibre to see it, follow these troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure that you are connecting only a single device to your computer at a time. Do not have another calibre supported device like an iPhone/iPad etc. at the same time.
  • If you are connecting an Apple iDevice (iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone), use the ‘Connect to iTunes' method in the ‘Getting started' instructions in Calibre + Apple iDevices: Start here.
  • Make sure you are running the latest version of calibre. The latest version can always be downloaded from the calibre website.
  • Ensure your operating system is seeing the device. That is, the device should be mounted as a disk, that you can access using Windows explorer or whatever the file management program on your computer is. On Windows your device must have been assigned a drive letter, like K:.
  • In calibre, go to Preferences->Plugins->Device Interface plugin and make sure the plugin for your device is enabled, the plugin icon next to it should be green when it is enabled.
  • If all the above steps fail, go to Preferences->Miscellaneous and click debug device detection with your device attached and post the output as a ticket on the calibre bug tracker.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to press the accept/smiley face button to show that I have helped you, and to compensate me for my work. After pressing the accept button, the question is not closed and you can still post replies on this Q&A thread. If you still have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Positive Feedback and (Bonus's) are always appreciated! :)

Thanks,
XXXXX XXXXXndsey

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know if you saw that I had edited my question - I can see that my Kobo Vox has an assigned drive and am able to also see that the books are there under ebooks/import. However I cannot seem to get access to them on my ereader. This is a new device for me this week and I am just getting used to it. The books are definitely not in the library. I used the latest version of Calibre downloaded this morning. Cannot see a preferences miscellaneous but went to Calibre bug tracker and mentioned my concerns. I feel they may not get back to me as the books did actually go to the reader just not to the library. Help please

When your in Calibre and your Kobo Vox is recognized, it should open several areas including sections of the Library etc. to organize your books. From there, all you should have to do is transfer them to the designated library sections of your choice.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The only choice I have on Calibre is to sendbooks to the main memory of the device. I may try loading the books on to a micro SD card and transferring them that way. Thanks for trying. Please let me know if you find a way to transfer them from main memory to library in Kobo Vox

This is the response that I got from Goyal Kovid at Calibre

The best place to ask for help is in the Kobo forum at:
http://www.mobileread.com/

status invalid

** Changed in: calibre
Status: New => Invalid

You can try doing it that way or just transfer it directly to the Drive Letter Assigned to the Kobo in Start->Computer. Either way would achieve the same results.