Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

i have a hauwei m886 phone not ablt to reset at alli have

Customer Question

i have a hauwei m886 phone not able to reset at all i have a pop up that tells me force close
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.

You can reset your Huawei Mercury M886 to restore the default factory setting by following below instructions:

• On the Settings screen, touch Privacy > Factory data reset.
  • When prompted, touch Reset phone, and then touch Erase everything. The mobile phone resets the settings to the original factory settings, and then restarts.
Unfortunately there are no guarantees. you will need to check for updates when you are logged back on the phone.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still Doe's not work
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.
I will opt out and let other experts give it a try
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i said in my question i factory set it 5 times. everytime i set it everything comes back on the phone, it is not factory set. I still have all the same data that i installed
i can't seem to delete the drop box and the lookout programs or anything else
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still need help BEEN WAITING SINCE YESTERDAY

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok Thank You
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXX XXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Lets go ahead and reset the phone manually:

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
  3. Hold down the Volume Up button then press the Power button. Continue to hold both buttons in until you see the Recovery menu
  4. Use the Volume buttons to change your selection, and the power button to make a choice
  5. Choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  6. Confirm your choice and wait for the device to do the rest of the work.
  7. If it doesnt reboot when its done, choose reboot system now

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted

Register Here
) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've done that so many times still will not facory reset. I told the other expert but did not help

Thats the only way to reset the phone. If thats not working, then your only option is to have the phone refurbished/reflashed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank Anyway

I wish there was more we could do, I pride myself on being able to resolve any issue that is brought to me by customers here as my 100%^ positive rating will attest to, but in your specific situation if you are able to boot into Recovery as I outlined and you complete the reset... if it doesnt reset, then your phones firmware is corrupt.