Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

My kindle fire wireless connectivity isnt working

My kindle fire wireless connectivity isn't working
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Does the Fire show your new modem/network in the list of available networks? Did you name your new wireless network the same as the old one?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Eric, the kindle shows my network is connected and locked but at the top of the kindle shows no network signal. I have to keep entering my password XXXXX connect and it might stay connected for a short time. if i leave down the kindle and come back to it later i will have to enter my password XXXXX and again. Have this kindle in Ireland.

At any time, did it ever connect to the new modem and actually have any internet connection at all?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, when i restored the factory settings to add the new modem. I couldn't add the new modem at the start.

Ok, try this first:

1. From the home screen tap on the Settings icon(top right)
  2. Tap on the wifi icon
  3. Tap on your network in the list
  4. Choose Forget
  5. Press and hold the power button on your Fire until it shuts down
  6. Wait 30 seconds
  7. Press the power button and reboot the Fire
  8. Try and connect to your new Network again

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tapped on the Wifi icon, network list comes up, no 'choose forget option'?

You need to tap on your network in the list, the one its trying to connect to, and then you will see the forget button.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When i tap my network or any other network connected nearby, the following info. comes up, Security WPA/WPA2 PSK, Signal strength Good, Password, no forget option?

Take a look at the image below. You will see, thats what it looks like when you tap on a network in the list. Notice I circled the "forget" option:

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This option is not on my Kindle Fire, Connect option only comes up. My kindle doesn't show, Link speed or IP address when you tap the network option.

That means its not even connected to the network (you can be connected to the network and not to the internet).

When you input the password XXXXX hit connect, tell me exactly what it does.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It goes attempting, then connected, internet connection works. When i tap the network now the forget option is their now

Ok, so its working now.. yes? You just mentioned the internet connection is working and it says connected.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was connected and working. I turned the kindle off and back on, Network error keeps coming up, this is when i get the problems with the connection. Trying to get into amazon to buy a book now and i'm getting a network errror but the signal icon has 3 out of 4 bar highlighted in the top right hand corner. Went into the Wifi setting and the network is saying connected. I'm e-mailing you on the laptop, no network error.

Ok, do this:

1. Log into your router, and disable wireless security (this is temporary).
  2. Now connect your Fire to Wifi, to your new unsecured network.
  3. Log back into your router and enable Security, MAKE SURE you choose WPA2 for security and NOT WEP.
  4. Use a new password (you will have to change this with any other device you had logged into your old network wirelessly).
  5. Connect your Android to the network now, it should be working fine (make sure you use your new password!).

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your starting to lose me with the computer stuff, how do i log into my router? Let's start from their.

You said you just setup a new wireless router, correct? You will need to log into it, the same way you did to set it up.

If you give me the router make and model I can tell you how to log in.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ZyXEL P-660HN-T1A_IPv6 is this it.

Go here, on page 5 you will see the beginning of the instructions and just follow them to log in and make changes to the wireless network:

ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/P-660HN-T1A/quick_start_guide/P-660HN-T1A_2.pdf

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team