dcg9381
dcg9381, Customer Service
Experience:  Electrical Engineer, Software Engineer, Android Advocate

I cant unlock my tablets (COBY- MID7125) can you please help

I can't unlock my tablets (COBY- MID7125) can you please help me.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  dcg9381 replied 2 years ago.
If you've established a Gmail account, you can use that gmail account to work around the screen lock pattern... Follow these directions

Read on if you don't have a gmail account or can't remember the password:

There is no way to work around the lock code. You'll need to hard reset it, which will wipe data, but will un-do the lock code:

The instructions for hard-resetting these are hard to find.. I have four options - none are
exact, but something to try:

Option 1:
  1. Power the unit off. Press and hold the "Power Button" till the "Device Option menu appears.
  2. Click "Power Off" and select "OK"
  3. Once the unit has been turned off. Press and hold the "back" button(silver tone button) and "power" button simultaneously for eight seconds.
  4. When the Android Icon and warning triangle appear , press the "back" button )silver tone button) once.
  5. The Android recovery screen will appear. The "Home/Menu" button will allow you to scroll up and down.
  6. Press the Home/Menu button to scroll to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" Then press the "back" button
  7. On the next screen Scroll to "yes-delete all user data" Press the "back" button.
  8. On the next screen Choose "reboot system now" and Press the "back" button.
  9. You will now be able to access the tablet.

Option 2:
Power the unit off (holding power buttom).

Then hold simultaneously back button and on buttom 8 seconds. The android icon will appear. Press the back button.

In the menu select wipe data/factory reset. Press the home buttom and then press back buttom, in the next screen select "yes delete all user data" press the back buttom, and in the next screen select "reboot system now" with the back buttom and wait.

Option 3:

2. Click "Power Off" and select "OK"

Last - physical reset... This model may have a physical reset button. It looks like a small recessed hole one one of the sides.

Reset using a paper-clip
dcg9381, Customer Service
Experience: Electrical Engineer, Software Engineer, Android Advocate