Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

I have a China MID Android Tablet that wont boot past screen

I have a China MID Android Tablet that won't boot past screen with Android Man on it?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

I know this isn't going to be the answer you want to hear and its certainly not what I want to tell you, but the truth none the less so I feel obligated to tell you and not give you false hope.

In almost all cases like this, we have a couple options that are included as safety nets for Android Devices. When an Android Device is locked out, wont work correctly, or wont boot, there is something called a Recovery Partition that we can boot into that offers us a few choices including a reset of the device. All Google Experience Devices, that are licensed to be true Android Tablets are required to have this Recovery Image present on all models. Here in-lies the problem. Your model tablet is not a Google Experience Licensed Device.

When an Android device wont boot or run correctly, there is two ways to resolve this. One, is to use the Recovery Image which we have already established your device doesnt have. The second, is more complicated as it involves flashing new firmware to the device. However, this again is a problem for your specific model as the manufacturer has not made the firmware available to anyone, so it is not possible for myself or you to flash it.

Unfortunately, when it comes to an unlicensed device such as the one you are using, when it unresponsive, or just plain wont work right, your only option is to contact the seller immediately and request a refund or an exchange. If you purchased this from any type of reputable dealer this process will be easy and you will not have any problems getting a new one.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted Laughing) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team