Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

how to repair a black screen on my droid 2 global

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

SVITExperts :

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your Android issues.

SVITExperts :

Did you drop it or is the screen cracked?

Customer:

no the screen is not cracked, but it might have been dropped. the phone is my daughters

SVITExperts :

Do you see the backlight?

SVITExperts :

check the sides of the screen

SVITExperts :

do you see any light?

SVITExperts :

or any sound?

SVITExperts :

Please try to take the battery out and put it back in

SVITExperts :

Then turn it on

SVITExperts :

Or you can try this

SVITExperts :

Take battery out and put it back in

SVITExperts :

Hold the X key on the keyboard and turn the power back on, keep holding down the X key until you see a yellow triangle icon

SVITExperts :

I want to check to see if you will see any display at all

Customer:

ok, the light on key board works and the light under the 4 function keys work

SVITExperts :

nothing on the screen?

Customer:

nothing

SVITExperts :

How long did your daughter have the phone for?

Customer:

just over a year

SVITExperts :

Unfortunately you will have to go to the phone store and have it looked at.

SVITExperts :

Either the cable for LCD got loosed or the LCD faulted.

Customer:

is there a way to see if it is the digitizer or the lcd or are the 2 the same thing

SVITExperts :

they are 2 different things

Customer:

could you recommend a reliable lcd website or store

SVITExperts :

It's best to go to a Verizon store and ask first

SVITExperts :

to make sure what it is

Customer:

thanks

SVITExperts :

They can replace or repair for you and will have warranty

SVITExperts :

Unless there is a local phone repair shop near your place

Customer:

the one year manufacturing warranty is gone

SVITExperts :

Yes because it's over a year

SVITExperts :

I am saying if you repair through Verizon stores they will have warranty for this repair.

Customer:

yes but they will also replace it with insurance for 100.00

SVITExperts :

That price is about right for LCD

Customer:

ok. thank you

SVITExperts :

You are welcomed!

SVITExperts :

Thanks and have a great day!

Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.