Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  3yrs. experience with Android phone and tablets.
10156100

I forgot my password XXXXX the wifi on my kindle fire. is there

I forgot my password XXXXX the wifi on my kindle fire. is there a way to reset it?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.

ITCris :

Hi

ITCris :

thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

ITCris :

Can you tell me the make of your wireless router?

Customer:

Hi Cris, I'm so mad, my husband was playing with my kindle fire and now the wifi is asking me for a password XXXXX turn on the wifi. he can't remember, and I don't know how to reset it

ITCris :

OK, no problem.

Can you tell me the make of the wireless router?

Customer:

it's a quest pk5000z router, but isn't that a different password?

ITCris :

The WiFi password XXXXX from the router.

ITCris :

You need to connect the Kindle to your wireless router which provides WiFi.

ITCris :

Do you have any PC's that have a wireless connection established?

ITCris :

are you still with me??

Customer:

still there Cris?

ITCris :

Yes I am here.

ITCris :

Customer:

Sorry, I forgot to scroll down on your answer, I have a pc, but it's not using wifi, but i did connect the phone to it, so it is working

ITCris :

OK, we will then need to log into the router to retrieve the password.

ITCris :

Give me a moment to find the router's username and password.

Customer:

it

ITCris :

Use the link provided to reach the router setup page. Let me know if you log straight in or prompted for username and password.

Click here>>>http://192.168.0.1

Customer:

crwoodwork password XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX I tried these and it still doesnt work

ITCris :

You were able to log into the page and find password?

Customer:

yes, the password XXXXX XXXXX well it's called secruity key, that's the password XXXXX?

ITCris :

Correct.

ITCris :

Are you connecting to the correct wireless network?

ITCris :

On the page it's probably labeled SSID.

Customer:

well, it's not giving me a option on a wireless connection. this is what I'm doing on the top of the kindle, it touch the wi-fi icon, and wireless networking on/off, i touch on and it says enter your restrictions password XXXXX turn on wi-fi

ITCris :

Gotcha, I am sorry thought you needed the WiFi password XXXXX your router.

ITCris :

I apologize, if you don't know the password XXXXX you will need to reset the Kindle fire back to factory settings.

ITCris :

You can then register it with your account and your books will download back to the device.

Customer:

This thing was a gift, we bought in on amazon.com, do you mean that account?

ITCris :

Yes your kindle is registered with your amazon account. When purchased from amazon directly they register the device for you.

ITCris :

However once you reset the device you then re-register the kindle with your amazon account.

Customer:

ok how do i reset it?

ITCris :

To perform a factory reset on your Kindle Fire, tap the Quick Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen, then tap More. Tap "Device" and select "Reset to Factory Defaults."

Customer:

yes I found it, so after it turns back on i go to amazon.com and register it and the stuff i already bought will reload right?

ITCris :

After it reloads, connect to the WiFi.

ITCris :

Then register:

1. Tap the Quick Settings icon.

2. Tap the More icon.

3. Tap My Account.

4. Tap the Register button and enter the e-mail address and password XXXXX your Amazon account.

Customer:

it's working, Thanks!! will the stuff I already bought reload? can you tell me that?

ITCris :

Yes it will.

ITCris :

Once you register your account.

Customer:

Thanks.... it was worth every cent? can you believe my job is networking and i could figure this out.... my brain stops working after hours..... i'm getting old.

ITCris :

hahaha...no problem!

ITCris :

Your welcome.

ITCris :

Clicking Accept and leaving positive feedback is greatly appreciated in the next window.

Cris, Technician
Experience: 3yrs. experience with Android phone and tablets.