Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

How do I unlock a droid razr phone if I forgot the passwor

How do I unlock a droid razr phone if I forgot the password?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Answer's by Eric :

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Answer's by Eric :

Is it the Droid Razr or the Razr MAXX?

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.

If you have the Droid Razr, this is what you need to do. Unfortunately you will have to perform a factory reset of the device. This is the only way to get access to the device again.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account. Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Market, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".

As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. Turn the phone completely off (press and hold the power button until it shuts down)
  2. Press and hold the Volume UP and Volume Down buttons in
  3. While holding them in, also press the Power button in
  4. Continue to hold all three in until you see a Boot Menu
  5. Use the volume down button to highlight Recovery
  6. Use the volume up button to select it
  7. Once you see the screen with the Android and an exclamation mark, press the volume up and down keys together simultaneously
  8. Use the volume down key to highlight wipe data/factory reset
  9. Press the power button to select it
  10. Repeat the process to highlight and select YES
  11. Once the process is complete, press the power button to confirm a reboot of the system

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted Laughing) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is the Droid Razr Maxx 4G LTE

OK, no problem. If that's the case, follow the same steps but at the end you will need to highlight reboot system now and press the power button to reboot the phone, that's the only difference in the steps.

Here is a copy of my previous answer, edited for your MAXX

9. Press the power button to select it
  11. Once the process is complete use the volume down button to highlight reboot system now
  12. Press the power button to select it and your phone will reboot as if it is being turned on for the first time.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team