Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1. It is frozen with the screen

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1. It is frozen with the screen having the samsung name. I have tried the soft reset with no success. Can you help me?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Michelle:

Yes, I am still waiting for a response. I haven't had any response from your site except yours. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Dale Jenkins

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

The only way to get the 10.1 into recovery mode, is to press and hold the volume down button in and then press and hold the power button, release the power button after you see the Samsung logo but do not release the volume button.

Make sure it has a charge, and it is completely off when you try. You should end up with a screen with two icons on it, let me know if you get it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I have the logo of a green android and a white box.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It also says downloading. What do I do now?

Follow these steps and your tablet should be fine.

• Use the Volume keys to select Recovery Console then press the Power key.
  • From the Recovery Console screen, use the Volume keys to select Wipe Cache Partition then press the Power key.
  • Use the Volume keys to select Yes then press the Power key.
  • Once the cache wipe has completed, use the Volume keys to select Reboot System Now then press the Power key.
  •  

That will clear the data that has been preventing it from booting. If the tablet still doesnt boot, then its because the corrupt data is at a system level and we will need to reset it to get it to work again. To do this, follow the same steps but choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset instead of Wipe Cache Partition, and it will reset the tablet. This will return it to an 'out of the box' state, but it will at least fix it. You can get most of the data, as well as your apps back if you sign back in with the same Google Account that was on it previous.

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted Laughing) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Answers by Eric, Developer
    Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team