Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

I need to convert a jar to apk can you convert it for me? its

I need to convert a jar to apk can you convert it for me?
its a program that came in jar & in eed apk to put it on my android
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Which program are you trying to convert?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried to reply to email so I could attach files but it was returned I need to attach files I am trying to convert

Can you just tell me the name of the program?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this is link but it is expired

You can now download your software by clicking here :

If you experience a problem with the link above download it by clicking here.

You will need to transfer the files from your computer where you download the software to your cell phone.

Did you purchase Cell Control or Bloover or WatchMe? Any of those 'Spyware' apps?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cell control

You're not going to like this... but its the truth none the less, so its what you deserve.

It's NOT as easy as just converting those files and installing them on an Android phone. Cell Control and the other spyware companies have a habit of telling their customers that its as easy as a simple file conversion just to get a sale. They also are very good with pre sales support to convince you to buy it and promise you it will work fine once you convert it with no problem.

You can't just convert a jar or tar file to an apk(an apk is an installation file for Android), and Android does NOT run or install jar or tar files. It has to be compiled for Android. Android's java library doesn't have all the swing stuff that's in normal java, so the app would have to be completely re-written to work on android and it has not been.

There's a reason they(Cell Control / Bloover / WatchMe / etc.) dont just convert the files themselves and sell the apk file. The reason they dont just convert it and sell it themselves is they know it doesn't work after conversion and that the entire app/software needs to be rewritten. Think about it, if it could be converted, they would do it and just sell you the APK file. They simply want you to buy the program, once they sell it to you they dont care if it works or not. If you want to verify what I am telling you, Google the term "Cell Control Scam" or "Cell Control Rip Off"

There is a company called "UpOnTek" ( that if you send them the jar/java files they will send you back an APK file for you Android device, but I have yet to meet someone who has said it was successful. It's not guaranteed to work properly after you get it back, I don't even recommend it, but I feel I should give you all options so I can say my answer was thorough.

Android is designed to thwart spyware, and to not allow it which is why you won't find any of the spyware companies selling you Android files directly.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted Laughing) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!