Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

Phone keeps saying "Sorry! The process com.motorola.service.main

Customer Question

Phone keeps saying "Sorry! The process com.motorola.service.main has stopped unexpectedly, Please try again" and "The application IM.(com.motorola.service.main) has stopped unexpectedly, Please try again" with a Force Close bar. Then the phone goes directly to the beginning start up screen DROID and then to my home screen. when I try to navigate to an app, it goes through the same process all over again. I have shut down, restarted, taken the battery out...all to no avail. HELP!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

Please go to settings->applications->manage applications->all, click on "media storage", and then "clear data".

Please let me know if this worked or not. Thank you.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE FOR FUTURE VISITS AND REFERENCE. Windows: Ctrl + D to save to favorites. Mac: click Bookmarks->add to bookmarks.

Please click ACCEPT MY ANSWER ONLY IF IT IS HELPFUL AND YOUR PROBLEM(S) SOLVED so I can get credit for this answer.

Thanks and have a great day!

Feel free to ask me any questions
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Its still doing it now. ANytime I try to text or use an app, it shuts down and goes back to the DROID message.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Please go back to Manage applications ->all->select Google Framework and select Clear. Then restart your phone and try again. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It seemed to be fine, until I went to send a text, and shut down again, back to the Droid message and now its showing the red graphic with the moving circle in the middle, then it goes to the home screen, and gives me the same messages when I try to move from the home screen. "The process com.motorola.service.main has stopped unexpectedly, Please try again" or it just keeps showing the red graphic without going to another screen. ugh!
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
What is your phone model?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Droid 3 -
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your info. Please try to remove the battery for 5 minutes and put it back and turn on test again.

If still not working, you will have to do a factory reset. ALL your data will be wiped out. So back them up before doing a factory reset.

Here is how to do that:

Go to Apps->Settings->Privacy->select Factory data reset-> Reset phone (DO NOT CHECK Erase SD->select Erase everything.

Here is a reference page:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=44747