Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service,repair of all Android devices.

hi.. how can i unlock my galaxy s2 after too many attempts.

Customer Question

hi.. how can i unlock my galaxy s2 after too many attempts. i forgot my gmail & password XXXXX please help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
Hi! Thank You for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will assist you with your question and get your problem resolved!

Remove and reinsert the battery,
Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down keys at the same time.
Press the Power key only until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key.
Continue to hold the Volume up and Volume Down keys until the Android System Recovery screen appears.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Factory Data.
Press the Home key to select.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight Yes - Delete all user data.
Press the Home key to select.
Press the Home key to reboot.
Randy, Customer Service
Experience: Expert in service,repair of all Android devices.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi randy, that still doesnt work? it keeps popping up enter ''your google account & password'' :(
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me the model # XXXXX your phone, it is located in the battery compartment underneath the battery.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
model: GT-19100T
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
These are the factory recommended steps, be sure and follow them exactly.
Remove and reinsert the battery,
Press the Home key to select.
Press the Home key to select.
Press the Home key to reboot.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
STILL ISNT WORKING
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay, give me a moment to check on this for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THANKS RANDY
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome, still checking, will let you know shortly.
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry this is not working, I will open the question so another expert can take a look at it, Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

For the reason that you already accept previous expert answer, I'll send request for refund. You can accept my answer and you will not be charged two times. Thanks!

You will have to perform a factory reset of the device. Please note - Resetting will DELETE ALL DATA, including downloaded applications, and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.

Follow those steps to factory reset your phone:
1. Turn the power off.
2. Hold down the Volume Up, Power and Home (bottom center) buttons.
3. When the "Galaxy S GT-i9000" startup screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Press the Home button to confirm.

Check the picture please - click here

Please let me know if that work. If not, I'll provide you with the next step.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please do not forget to click "Accept" button, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi todd. i tried 3 times still aint getting nothing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist:
Sorry, that usually work, but looks like that you have different software. Your provider is Telstra - Australia right?

Just to be sure, I'll share video with instruction for hard reset - click here to open video in new tab

If that doesn't work please try those directions:

1. Turn the power off, remove and reinsert battery.
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and release the Power button
4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and release the Power button
7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

Please let me know if that work. Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im sorry it still not working..

my carrier is vodafone-australia
Sorry.

This is the last solution:
1. Turn the power off.
2. Hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power (bottom center) buttons.
5. Press the Home button to confirm.

If that doesn't work try the same procedure but:
2. Volume up + Volume down + Home + Power button

If nothing of this work you will have to visit your provider service. They have tools to unlock your phone.

Please note that not all issues can be fixed online due to reasons out of the experts control.

Thank you for your patience.