Randy Boman
Randy Boman , Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

my wifes cell phone is a samsung galaxy. she is getting a msg

my wifes cell phone is a samsung galaxy. she is getting a msg saying she has too many windows open and can not successfully browse to where she needs to go on the internet. I suspect she has too many tabs open but I can't figure out how to close a tab
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 4 years ago.
Hi! Thank You for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question and get the tabs closed.
With the browser open select "windows" at bottom right of the screen, from there you can tap on the red minus sign to close each window.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know how to select windows from the bottom right of the screen? what windows, what does it look like?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is no red minus sign anywhere on the browser screen. my son says she has too many tabs open. don't know how to close them. help
With your browser open, go to bottom left of phone and press menu, then select windows.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok I found a menu button not on my screen but on the bottom left of my cell phone. more like a button. when i clicked it it did bring up a screen that says windows. i clicked on windows and it brought up a window. however there is not negative red thing to click on that I can see on the screen so I still can't close them. isn't there some command that says close all open tabs? how do I keep it from doing this in the future too?
Can you give me the model # XXXXX your Galaxy, also the name of the internet browser. for example...opera, dolphin, safari......
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will in a bit. My wife needed to use the phone. meanwhile why you were thinking I was able to clear all her cookies and browsing history and that worked. she is now entering her webstie info on her phone and it let her get several windows deep. So lets concentrate on fixing what put her in the that position in the first place. what is keeping windows open? if she leaves a window it should close it right so it doesn't leave all these open windows or tabs or whatever they are called that prevents her from using the internet
When you open a window it will stay open until you close it, the browser options depend upon the browser, the instructions I gave you were for the Android browser,they are all similar but have some different optional features and sometimes the menus are different.