Nicholas Darley
Nicholas Darley, Technician
Experience:  I am a developer and have 4+ yrs working with them
66181345

Is there a way to reformat a Lenovo Ideapad K1 Tablet without

Is there a way to reformat a Lenovo Ideapad K1 Tablet without sending it back to the manufacturer at a cost of at least $80.

Nicholas Darley :

Do you mean do a factory reset or do you actually want to completely erase the hard drive? Are you having issues with you Tablet?

Customer:

I setup the tablet so that you have to enter a password XXXXX use it and I forgot the password. So now I can not use the table. When I called Lenovo, they said to fix the problem, the tabler would have to be reformatted. So if you know of a way to reset the factory settings, that might work.

Nicholas Darley :

You can try turning the device off and turn it on by Holding the Power Button and Volume Up if that doesnt get you into "Recovery Mode" or something other than starting normally try again but this time do Power Button and Volume Down

Customer:

tried both ways, neither worked

Nicholas Darley :

have you completely locked yourself out or can you keep trying other passwords still?

Customer:

I've tried over 50 passwords

Customer:

it'll let me keep trying, sometimes I have to wait for about 10 minutes before trying again

Nicholas Darley :

Try vol - then vol + then power button

Customer:

nope

Nicholas Darley :

try pressing Vol + and then Power (but hold them both down and dont let go)

Customer:

if I keep holding them down, it comes on then turns back off

Nicholas Darley :

hmmm those are the only methods to get a Android Device into Recovery Mode that way you can do a Factory Reset. Unfortunately your not the only user that has had to send their K1 to into Lenovo to have the password XXXXX Lenovo has not made it easy for their user to reset the password XXXXX

Customer:

I held down the vol -, vol + and power at the same time, the lights come on like it is restarting, but then doesn't do anything

Nicholas Darley :

You can keep trying those few steps to see if it gets anywhere, otherwise you are going to need to send it into lenovo.

Customer:

I was afraid of that. Thanks for your help!

Nicholas Darley :

yeah sorry about that, if you feel that I did an adequate job answering question I would appreciate you accepting the answer. If not I understand.