Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

how can i play facebook games such as Words With Friends with

how can i play facebook games such as Words With Friends with my Arnova 9G2 tablet? is it possible?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

This may not be what you want to hear, but its the truth so its what you deserve. You can play FB games on Licensed Android Devices, but the issue is that yours is unlicesned. Now, there is still a chance we can "make" your tablet work, and thats what we are going to try to do. I will give you what you need.

Let me also clarify something for you, which will help you going forward. Those files you mentioned, that you downloaded, are for PC's. You cannot install and use the same programs that work on a computer, on a mobile device. They are made for Windows, and not Android. You can only install Android Apps on an Android device. An android app installation file will always end in .APK like a windows installation ends in .EXE or .MSI.

So, lets get started.

1. Open the browser app on your tablet
  2. Type in the address: http://j.mp/zMyaAm (the address is case sensitive, so you need to use capital letters where I used them)(this is my box.com account, and I am sharing the Flash program for Android with you)
  3. Choose to download the file
  4. Once it is done downloading, click on the notification in the notification bar on the tablet, and it will automatucally start the installation of Flash
  5. Now once it installs, reboot your tablet

When the tablet reboots, go to facebook.com on your browser and scroll to the bottom and choose to view the Desktop Version and not the mobile version. Now you can go to your Games like you do on the PC and if your tablet will work, you will be able to play the games.

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(or the Smiley Face if prompted Smile) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My arnova will not let me get any further then htt:p//j.mp/zM and it won't take any more of the address. Why is this not licensed? I don't understand.

As far as the link not working because you cannot type it in, email it to yourself and check yoru email on the tablet so you can just click on it.

To be a licensed Google Experience Device, which will always run all Android Apps and will work as intended the manufacturer has to meet specific requirements. For instance, they are required to:

• Included certain DRM technologies (this is for media playback like Netflix, Google Movies, etc)(for licensing reasons from Media Companies)
  • Meet hardware requirements (this is so you wont get cheap products that dont work the way they should)
  • Include an official Android Recovery Partition (this is so the device can recover itself if something goes wrong)
  • Have a publicly available firmware for download
  • Pay licensing fees to use proprietary Google Apps (like the official Market, etc.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okay so this is not working either. i don't know how to do that on my tablet?

"i don't know how to do that on my tablet?" - How to do what on your tablet?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please hold on I tried just using j.mp/zMyaAm and it took me to a download but i still can't get the game to respond.

As I mentioned, you need to download that file and then click on it in the notification area after it downloads, so you can install Adobe Flash.

And, as I was trying to explain, this may not be successful as the tablet is unlicensed and many official products wont work on it.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team