Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.

I am getting a message "maximum call numbers are reached" when

Customer Question

I am getting a message "maximum call numbers are reached" when I try to make a call.
Also cannot receive calls - they keep getting unavailable/voice mail message. please help. Thanks
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please tell me who is your provider? What is the full brand and model name of your phone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jeannie,

What about provider? Who is your provider? I guess TracFone, a lot of customers are complaining about "maximum call numbers are reached" problem with TracFone service.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes - Tracfone. We have used Tracfone for many years now and have been pleased; however, this problem is at a most inconvenient time for as as my mother-in-law has end stage Parkinson & Hospice has been called in. My husband needs his MOTOROLA phone with him and working while he is staying with her at bedside.

I hope you can help....

First of all check if you have minutes on your phone. If not you will need to add airtime.

If you have minutes and you still have the same problem there is only option to contact 1-800-867-7183, where one of Tracfone customer service representatives will assist you. There is nothing bad with your phone. Problem is your SIM card/network. We at are not connected with TracFone provider.

They will be able to fix your problem with receiving calls. In meantime you can try this: Type this code ##21#, click Ok/Send
Then call your number from another phone to check.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please do not forget to click "Accept" button, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I typed in the code, but there is no way to "SEND" or "ok". If I click on "SEND" as in send a phone number to place a call, I get the message "MAXIMUM CALL NUMBERS ARE REACHED". PLEASE ADVISE.
That is just another proof that there is a problem with your SIM card/network. Like I already said there is nothing wrong with your phone. You need to contact TracFone customer service.