Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit , Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

My HTC Desire Z got wet in the rain in my pocket. Having dried

My HTC Desire Z got wet in the rain in my pocket. Having dried it out there is no sense of life and plugging in the charger also does nothing. Will a new battery solve the problem or does it require more?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!

My nickname is XXXXX XXXXX I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

To find out if the phone is truly water damaged, check the corner near where the battery is – there should be a white square or circle, with or without red lines. If this is pink or red, your phone has water damage.

If your cellphone fails to operate then there is a possibility that your cellphone battery is damaged. To verify, plug your cellphone into its charger without the battery. Now if this works, you need a new battery. Just go to authorized dealer and purchase a new battery.

Please, do not forget to click "Accept" button, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no response from the phone when I remove the battery and plug in the charger.
May I assume that the phone is a write-off?
Unfortunately, your phone is water damaged, new battery will not change anything. Phone needs to be serviced and/or repaired by one of the HTC authorized service centers. Bad news, cell phone’s warranty does not cover water damage. There are internal indicators that prove moisture in cellphone.

Please let me know if you need more information,

If you are satisfied with my answer, please do not forget to click "Accept" button, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!