d2rhino
d2rhino, Customer Service
Experience:  Two years of android assistance and android device security

I have a Samsung T404G mobil phone, I want to download my music

Customer Question

I have a Samsung T404G mobil phone, I want to download my music files to it but it's impossible, I bought a connecting cable but my computer doesn't recognize it. according to the instructions once plugging the cable to the computer it should download the driver but nothing happens, what can I do? can you help me?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  d2rhino replied 2 years ago.
Are you trying to transfer to the phone's internal memory, or a Micro SD card? If you have a micro SD card you're using, just insert the card into a PC, copy over the music, then insert into your phone. Hope this helps!
d2rhino, Customer Service
Experience: Two years of android assistance and android device security
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im trying to transfer the music files to the phone's internal memory.
Expert:  d2rhino replied 2 years ago.
Have you tried using a different computer? If it still doesn't work, the cable may be bad, or made just for charging and not data xsfer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I plug the phone to the computer,the phone screen shows the following message "USB now in use" but nothing else happens, so I did as you suggested and try it on a different computer which is 10 years older then my other one and it does recognize the device plugged to it. so why it does it work in one computer and not in the more modern one? also I didn't know there were different types of cable for charging and transfering data. so what's next?
Expert:  d2rhino replied 2 years ago.
Try this:

Step 1. Press the menu button.

Step 2. Go over to Settings.

Step 3. Go to Phone Settings.

Step 4. Go to USB Mode.

Step 5. Turn on Mass Storage.

Step 6. Plug in the USB phone cord and connect the other end to your computer.

If you already have the SD card in, the phone will automatically put you into "USB MODE" and will lock all access to your phone until you remove the USB cord. You should now be able to transfer data from your computer to your phone.

In the "My Computer" folder, there should be the "Memory card" or "Removable disk" icon located there for the SD card. Click it to get started.
Once done, unplug the USB cord and see if it transferred the files correctly.

Hope that helps!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I followed the steps 1-6, then Ï go to my computer folder where I find "removable disk K" on the screen, I click on it and it opens a page with various files: copy of music, Images, music,other files,sounds, videos.these are the phone files, but that's as far as I can go to download the data. It doesn't show any instructions as to what the next step is. Why is it that our other phone an LG we plug in the computer and inmediately it shows on windows media player as a connected device but the samsung doesn't, whats the problem or what am I doing wrong.

Expert:  d2rhino replied 2 years ago.
Then it's working fine. All you need to do is drag and drop the data on or off of the removable drive, which is your phone's memory.

The Samsung doens't have the drivers to perform like the LG phones do. This is one of the downfalls of this particular samsung model.