Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer

I cannot get my Kindle Fire to connect with the web. I recently

I cannot get my Kindle Fire to connect with the web. I recently had to replace my wireless router and printer. Prior to replacing equipment there had been no problem. What do I do now?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Do you have another computer with Windows 7 or Mac OS (which one?) that can currently connect to your internet via wireless? This would help to confirm your wireless network password.

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I do not. I did, however, get my iphone connected using the wireless network password.

OK, which Windows version do you have on your computer?

Also, what's the brand and model of your router?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion HPE computer. The rounter is Cisco Linksys E1200
Please follow the steps below from your computer with Windows 7 connected to internet via wireless and you will see the network key:

1- Click Start

2- Click Control Panel

3- NOW, make sure you select "View by: LARGE ICONS" on the upper right corner.

4- Click "Network and Sharing Center"

5- Click "Manage Wireless Networks" on the left

6- Double click your wireless network name

7- Click the "Security" tab

8- Click "Show characters"

9- Now find your password XXXXX to "Network security key". Write this password XXXXX

Then, to connect to Wi-Fi follow these simple steps:

1. Tap the Quick Settings icon
    View Full Image
    in the top right hand corner of the Home screen.

2. Select Wi-Fi.

3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
View Full Image

A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the box next to Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.

1. Tap the name of the network you wish to connect to from the list of available networks.

Tip:
    When viewing Kindle Fire in landscape view, you may need to scroll through the list of available networks, using your finger to swipe through the list.

2. If a lock symbol appears next to your network, it requires a password. Enter the characters of the password using the onscreen keyboard. (Here, please enter the password XXXXX just got from your computer)

3. Tap Connect.

Tip: Tap the 123!? key to enter numbers or symbols. Tap the ABC key to return to the regular keyboard. Tap the Shift key (up arrow) for uppercase letters.

Once you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, Kindle Fire automatically connects to it again whenever that network is in range. If more than one previously used network is in range, your Kindle Fire automatically connects to the network that was most recently used.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If you are satisfied with my job, please click the green Accept button below

Thank you very much!

John C.

Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience: Engineer