Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

My Samsung Galaxy S won't receive or make calls.

Why won't my Samsung Galaxy S won't make or receive calls?

Hi! Thank You for using JustAnswer.

Try this and let me know.. Remove the battery and wait a few seconds.. Then reinsert the battery... Hold power button for 30 seconds..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have just done this however. I will not know immediately if this works as the phone always allows calls after turning off and on again.

Which cell provider do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
02

Type *#06# on your phone and give me the number displayed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
351722051977977
Check to be sure your software is now current..
On your phone menu.. Go to Settings> Then about phone> Then tap on update.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No update available.

Okay, your phone should work correctly now, bookmark this page back to come back anytime if you have future problems,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok thanks.

Your welcome!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Gone again

You will need to back up all data, contacts etc.. Then perform factory restore. To do a factory restore, (this will wipe out all data except for sd card) remove the battery and then re-insert it.Do not power on. Hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power keys simultaneously. When the Samsung log appears, continue to hold the keys until the master reset menu appears. Press the Volume Down key to select Delete all user data when the Android master reset menu appears. Press the Power key to confirm your selection. Press the Volume Down key to select Yes – delete all user data. Press the Power key to confirm your selection. Press the Power key to select reboot system now.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Master reset did not appear.

What is the model number of your phone?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Galaxy S Plus GT19001

Try this from your phone menu..Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset > Reset phone > Erase everything.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Done twice!!!

What is the purchase date of your phone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Last Saturday

Check sim

• Take your sim card out of the mobile, and clean it with a dry cloth.

• Once replaced try to register your mobile onto a network other than O2.

• After the error message has shown, register back to O2.

• If you are still encountering the same difficulty, please try your sim in a different O2 mobile.

• If the fault persists, it is likely that the sim is faulty, please let us know we will replace your sim free of charge within the first 12 months.

• However if the problem ceases then it is most likely that you have a faulty phone.

Now that you have identified your mobile is faulty, please see below for how to return to us:

In the first 28 days: we’ll either give you a new one or your money back. (As long as you've got proof of purchase and all the original parts and packaging.)

After 28 days: you’ll need to take or send it back to the place where you bought it. We’ll get it fixed for you. You might have to pay in some cases (for example, if the product was damaged after you bought it), but we’ll let you know before we fix it

Purchased from a store

You should then return your mobile to the actual store it was purchased from with your proof of purchase where your mobile will be replaced for you.

For details of your nearest store please click on the 'Store Locator' link below or call 0800 224 477 free from any UK fixed land line. This will direct you to your nearest store.

Purchased via telesales

Please click on either the 'Email us' or 'Call us' link below and we will arrange a jiffy bag to be sent to you to return your mobile, following which we will replace your mobile for you.

Purchased online

Please ring our returns number on 0844(###) ###-####and they will advise you how to return the mobile.

For more information around our returns policy please click here.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Why would sim be faulty now, was fine in old phone?

It probably isn't, the warranty requires that you have checked it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help!

Okay, you are welcome!