Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

How do I unfreeze Coby Kyros tablet? Wont turn on - need

Customer Question

How do I unfreeze Coby Kyros tablet? Won't turn on - need to use reset button to turn on. Shows home screen, but all input is frozen.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

It seems based on your description that you have tried all the available ways to reset your device, and its been unsuccessful. In almost all cases like this, we have a couple options that are included as safety nets for Android Devices.

When an Android Device is locked out or will not boot, there is something called a Recovery Partition that we can boot into that offers us a few choices including a reset of the device. All Google Experience Devices, that are licensed to be true Android Tablets are required to have this Recovery Image present on all models. Here in-lies the problem. Your model tablet is not a Google Experience Licensed Device.

When an Android device wont boot, there is two ways to resolve this. One, is to use the Recovery Image which we have already established your device doesnt have. The second, is more complicated as it involves flashing new firmware to the device. However, this again is a problem for your specific model as the manufacturer has not made the firmware available to anyone, so it is not possible for myself or you to flash it.

Unfortunately, when it comes to an unlicensed device such as the one you are using, when it wont boot or is locked out your only option is to contact the seller immediately and request a refund or an exchange. If you purchased this from any type of reputable dealer this process will be easy and you will not have any problems getting a new one.

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to ask.

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time Assisting you. Keep in mind that JustAnswer does NOT pay me salary and only by you pressing accept am I compensated! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!! Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.