Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I cant open files e.g. Blooover 2b.jar./ Btexplorer.jar./

I can't open files e.g. Blooover 2b.jar./ Btexplorer.jar./ bluesniff-0.1.tat,tat./ btscannier-2.0.tat.tar....in my cell. 'Samsung' galaxy 'SGH-499Y'. I already compress & transferred it such files from my computer to this cell phone. Thank you.
Nico
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Android does not run Jar or Tar files, can you tell me what you are trying to do so I can give you more detailed assistance.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Eric,

Now, I have 5 files : Blooover2.jar./ Blooover2b.jar./ BTExplorer.jar./ BTScanner-2.0.tar.tar./ Bluesniff-0.1.tar.tar...etc. Those files were downloaded from my computer, (Already compressed). But I can't open it in my cell. "Samsung galaxy "SGH-499Y", It said that 'NO APPLICATION CAN PERFORM THIS ACTION'.

Please help me open those files. Thank you

Nico

email : XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Are you trying to run Cell Control?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes.

Ok, give me a second. I am going to type out a long answer for you to give you all the information and try to make it as thorough as possible so you understand why I tell you what I do.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

You're not going to like this... but its the truth none the less, so its what you deserve.

It's NOT as easy as just converting those files and installing them on an Android phone. Cell Control and the other spyware companies have a habit of telling their customers that its as easy as a simple file conversion just to get a sale. They also are very good with pre sales support to convince you to buy it and promise you it will work fine once you convert it with no problem.

You can't just convert a jar or tar file to an apk(an apk is an installation file for Android), and Android does NOT run or install jar or tar files. It has to be compiled for Android. Android's java library doesn't have all the swing stuff that's in normal java, so the app would have to be completely re-written to work on android and it has not been.

There's a reason they(Cell Control / Bloover / WatchMe / etc.) dont just convert the files themselves and sell the apk file. The reason they dont just convert it and sell it themselves is they know it doesn't work after conversion and that the entire app/software needs to be rewritten. Think about it, if it could be converted, they would do it and just sell you the APK file. They simply want you to buy the program, once they sell it to you they dont care if it works or not.

There is a company called "UpOnTek" (upontek.com) that if you send them the jar/java files they will send you back an APK file for you Android device. Thats your best option to get Cell Control as an apk. But, it's still not guaranteed to work properly (I dont even recommend it, but I feel I should give you all options so I can say my answer was thorough).

Android is designed to thwart spyware, and to not allow it which is why you wont find any of the spyware companies selling you Android files directly.

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to let me know.

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time Assisting you. Keep in mind that JustAnswer does NOT pay me salary and only by you pressing accept am I compensated! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!! Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Eric,

I apreciated that. But, What if I have a Black berry phone, will it be easier to work with those files ? Please advise if you have time. Many thanks !

I will always have time to answer your follow up questions, I pride myself the service I give my customers!

Yes, you can use it on OLDER model BB's but nothing that has been updated in the last two years or so. The issue, is that these companies had all this spyware that worked great on all the old Java based phones(think all the old Nokias, etc) and now that we have secure OS's like Android, iOS, and BB, their only business is being taken away so they resort to selling as many of their products as they can and hoping only half of the people who buy it get a refund.

There are many apps you can put together on an Android to do a lot of the same things... I cant be specific for legal reasons, but check out some of the SMS backup apps that send automatic backups of every text to a Gmail account.. and checkout latitude on Google Maps, etc...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"There are many apps you can put together on an Android to do a lot of the same things... I cant be specific for legal reasons, but check out some of the SMS backup apps that send automatic backups of every text to a Gmail account.. and checkout latitude on Google Maps, etc..."

I 'm not really understand what you means as the above. If I do need that product - "Spyware", what should I do ? buy another suitable cell phone or keep trying to run my Samsung phone ? which is the possible way as the Technical effort ?

Well, lets put it this way, you wont be able to buy any Spyware that runs on any new Android, iOS, or BB phone. So your only choice if you want to run spyware is to purchase and use and older Java based Nokia phone.

Otherwise, you can use the apps I mentioned and get creative to achieve the same results.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a Nokia #5230, do you think that can be run to this ?

That model runs on Symbian OS v9.4, so I am pretty sure it will as thats a Java based OS. However, with that being said I am not an expert on those older models. I am an Android Developer, and work with new OS's, so I wouldn't be much help installing it on that phone!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. It means that this Nokia phone will have a chance to install those files and work on, right ?

It means it has the best chance of it yes, the older the phone and the more java based the OS is, the better the chance of it running the program.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, I got your answer, I will try to work on this Nokia phone, It's late nigth tonight, I will try tomorrow. Hoping getting your answer next time again. Thank you very much indeed. Have a Good Night Eric.

Nico

No problem Nico, if you ever need anything Android related in the future you can get me directly at http://helpwithandroid.com

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good, I suerly will, Thank you. Very nice to meet you on - line. Many thanks. Meet you next time.

Nico

You too Nico, have a great night!