Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

Hi, I forgot my screen lock PIN of my samsung galaxy sii.

Customer Question

I forgot my screen lock PIN of my samsung galaxy sii. How can i unlock the screen
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Unfortunately you will have to perform a factory reset of the device. This is the ONLY way to get access to the phone again.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again. As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. 1. Remove the battery.
  2. 2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
  3. 3. Hold down the Volume Down button then press the Power button. Hold the Power button until you see the Samsung Logo and then release it without releasing the Volume Down button.
  4. 4. Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
  5. 5. Follow the instructions on screen to navigate through the options.
  6. 6. Choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  7. 7. Confirm your choice
  8. 8. After it completes, choose reboot system now

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Visit and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.