Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

How do I transfer pictures from my motorola atrix phone to

Customer Question

How do I transfer pictures from my motorola atrix phone to my asus transformer?
Thank you, Rosie
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

You wont actually be able to plug an Android phone into an Android Tablet and have them communicate with each other. USB drivers are for Android to Windows, or Android to Mac, etc., but not Android to Android.

However, I have a solution for you.

There is a free app/service called Dropbox. Once you use it, you will wonder how you did without it before!

Normally I give these instructions to people so they can wirelessly send files to and from their PC and Android, but the process is still relevant for your issue.

With Dropbox, you get an app on your Android device, and an app on yoru PC. Any file you put in the Dropbox app on your Android, instantly becomes available on your PC. However, if you have the Dropbox app on two Android devices, then the same applies. Any file you put in the Dropbox app on one Android, you will see in the other.

You can share an entire folder of images, and when they upload you will have instant access to them on any device that has the Dropbox app on it, as well as them being on your PC, essentially backing up your pictures!

Here are the instructions. Follow them, and when you are done, install the free app on your tablet as well.

Use Dropbox:

• Visit Dropbox by clicking here (watch the video if you want, its VERY informative!). Sign up for a FREE account and download the Windows/Mac Software they provide.
  • Now open the Market app on your Android and search the Market for "dropbox".
  • Once the dropbox app installs on your Android, sign in using the same account you just created on their website.
  • That's it, now the simple part.
  • Open up ANY file (picture, video, etc.) that you have on your Android and press the Menu button on the phone. Choose to "Share" the file, and choose Dropbox as the app to share it with. (I recommend using WiFi when syncing for the first time to make it go faster)
  • As soon as its done uploading, the file will instantly become available on your computer in the Dropbox folder that you now have thanks to the Windows software you installed!
  • This also works in reverse, if you wish to you can drop a file into your dropbox folder on your computer and it will be available by opening the dropbox app on your phone.

This is by far the easiest way to wirelessly sync files to and from your pc!

A little hint. ANY file you have synced with your dropbox account is also available via dropbox.com , so you can access them from any browser on any computer, anywhere.

How to Share FOLDERS of images, without sharing them one by one to dropbox.

• Download a free app called "QuickPic" (its a Gallery app, but with far more features than the stock one you are using)
  • Once it loads all your images open the folder that has all the images you want to send to your pc
  • Press the Menu button on your phone
  • Choose multi select
  • Press Menu again and choose select all
  • Press Menu again and choose Share and select Dropbox.

Also, on some models you don't need to do that, you can actually hold your finger on the folder in the gallery for a couple seconds and choose to share the entire folder from the menu that pops-up.
Now all those images will upload to your computer.

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to let me know.

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time Assisting you. Keep in mind that JustAnswer does NOT pay me salary and only by you pressing accept am I compensated! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!! Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.