Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly.

process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I have tried for the last four hours - removed the battery - nothing works! what do I do?

AnswersByEric :

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

AnswersByEric :

First thing you need to do, is not throw it at a wall or out of a moving car...

AnswersByEric :

Let me know when you are here, and we should be able to fix it in just a matter of minutes.

AnswersByEric :

I will wait in here for you for a few more minutes, after which I will close the chat but still post your answer.

I waited for ten minutes for you in the chat, but you never came in so I am just going to post your answer here.

To resolve this, wont be a big deal... but i need to know, do you know the Google account that is linked to the device? In other words, are you able to log into gmail.com on your PC with the same account?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My google account is accessible through the device that I am trying to fix

I understand that, what I am asking is do you know the login information(I dont need it, but you will)?

We can resolve this quickly if you know the login info.

Ok, lets start then.

Go to http://market.android.com and log into the Market on your pc with the same Google Account thats on the phone, let me know when its logged in.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK done I am in there - What is next? I am about to give up

Click here.

That will load the page for GO Launcher. Press the Install Button on the page. It will install on your phone, no need to plug the phone into the PC. YOu will see on the top of your phone in the notification bar that an app is installing.

Once it completes, press the menu button on the phone and you will be given a choice between GO Launcher and TW Launcher. Choose GO Launcher. You will then see a new home screen, tell me when you do and we can fix the old one and you can go back to it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, I am following the instructons and still not getting results. Please call me if you can on my landline XXX-XXX-XXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I guess I will go to a store and look into this problem. Unfortunately I can no longer wait. This has been now going on since 6:04 and it is now 7:21 PM.

Thanks for the effort,

We have another solution, which may be much easier for you (and will be the ONLY resolution they give you at the store).

Can you tell me exactly which model device it is by Samsung so I can give you the instructions?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
galaxy S

Since you couldn't get the previous method to work, follow these steps and it will resolve the issue right away by resetting the device.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account.

Any apps you have, you can also get back after you reset the device by opening the Market, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".

As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
  3. Hold down the Volume UP and Home buttons then press the Power button for four seconds. Release the power button but DO NOT release the other buttons.
  4. Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
  5. Follow the instructions on screen to navigate through the options.
  6. Select Clear Storage or Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
  7. Confirm your choice by pressing the power button or Home button.
  8. Now confirm your choice.
  9. When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your new device.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If not and I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK this page to get me directly with ANY Android questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yesterday s intervention on my Samsung Galaxy has not been resolved. It went bacl to the initial problem when I turned it on this morning!!(Process com.sec.android.appTwlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

I will now have to go to my dealer for a resolution. Hope I was not charged for this!!

If you followed the steps I gave you and did a complete reset, and it happened again, then the only thing your carrier can do is replace the phone for you as there is a more serious issue.

They will ask you to reset it again, then if it still happens, you will need to get a replacement.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will now get replacement as nothing seems to be working. thanks,