Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair firm.
329447

My Kindle Fire has always run the game apps I downloaded with

Customer Question

My Kindle Fire has always run the game apps I downloaded with no problem and no internet connection but now it won't run any of them. A gray box pops up and says an internet connection is required. why is it doing this??
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

You may have glitched software. Load a fresh operating system onto the Kindle by pressing and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. The Kindle should come back online within a minute or so. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did just what you said and its still requiring an internet connection to run game apps
And this is all game applications? I do know it will require one on many if you are in a competitive mode within the game such as a challenge. This isn't the case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no, its just stupid everyday games like solitaire and angry birds. I have been able to use them every day with no internet connection since I downloaded them
I have those myself and don't require one. I've never run into this problem so I will opt out and allow other experts the opportunity to assist you. It's probably very simple. Please do not accept my answer.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

Hi there. This is Steve, another Android expert here.

It sounds like you have the free 'ad-supported' version of Angry Birds. This version does require an internet connection to serve up the ads.

Can you confirm? Did you pay $0.99c for AB or is it the free version?

Let me know.

Steve

Steve G., Engineer
Experience: VP of electronic repair firm.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it was the free version but its also doing it with other game apps I paid for that have always worked fine before
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The nagry birds app was free but its also doing it with other apps that I paid for that have worked fine until now
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

That's weird.

Can you give me the name of an app that you have paid for that is asking for an internet connection?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the mystery of the crystal portal is one another one is memory trainer
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
So when you try to play Crystal Portal, the Kindle asks for an internet connection and halts the game?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, it begins to load then the internet connection pop up appears and it closes the app
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

That is odd. The only thing I can think is that every so often the game needs to contact HQ to check updates, upload scores etc. It doesn't need to do this every time but every few days maybe?

You obviously don't have WiFi, head out to a McDonalds and use theirs, open all your games up and let them 'call home'. Maybe that will then allow them to be used without a connection for another period of time.

Steve