Waitongu2
Waitongu2, Technician
Experience:  Member xda dev Samsung forums, owner 2 Galaxy S Gingerbread Root.

How to get rid of a virus on a Samsung S2 Galaxy

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXX XXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Lets start this by clarifying something, you dont have a virus on your Galaxy. Regardless of what you've been led to believe, as of now there are no virus', that exist on the Android or iOS platforms.

You may have an app that is relaying information without your permission, but when installed, you did grant it permissions.

If you can tell me whats happening, and why you think you have a virus, I will be glad to help you resolve the issue and pass along as much knowledge about the situation to you as I can (I am an Android Developer, and a lead developer for the largest Open Sourced Android ROM community).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I use the phone to chat on Yahoo Messenger I am no longer able to see my party as being online.

When I type phrases they do not appear at all not in my window or in my party's window

I am not getting any messages or strange writing from the phone itself.

I do not have any other malfunction that I am aware of

Ok, so the issue basically lies with the Yahoo App not functioning, correct? If so, we should be able to fix that really quickly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I fix that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please explain how I can fix the issue with the yahoo app not functionning correctly

I was asking, if I was in deed correct in assuming that the issue was solely with the Yahoo app, before I gave you an answer.

I guess I will just assume I am correct and give it to you now

Register Here

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Choose Applications
  3. Choose Manage Applications
  4. Tap on the 'All' tab at the top
  5. Locate and tap on the Yahoo app (the one giving you issues)
  6. Tap on the Clear Data button
  7. Tap on the OK button to confirm.
  8. Reboot the phone

Thats it! It should be working fine after you log into it again now.

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to ask.

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time Assisting you. Keep in mind that JustAnswer does NOT pay me salary and only by you pressing accept am I compensated! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!! Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Apparently I am told by the person that your instructions did not resolve the issue.

But I have an additonal question.

The last instruction about "rebooting" the phone.

Can you be specific about how to "reboot" the phone.

Is it just a matter of turning off and turning on the phone again?

Or must I remove the battery to do this?

Thank-you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I wish to know on the Samsung S2 Galaxy phone how does one "reboot" the phone after clearing application data?
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.
This is how you perform a hard reset:

Turn the power off. If your Samsung Galaxy S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
Hold the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Samsung Galaxy S. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Let me know if it helps.