Waitongu2
Waitongu2, Technician
Experience:  Member xda dev Samsung forums, owner 2 Galaxy S Gingerbread Root.
64043135

I forgot my password XXXXX my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, after too

I forgot my password XXXXX my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, after too many attempts it says to unlock through signing in through my gmail account. Although my email and password XXXXX correct it is still locked. How do I unlock it?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 4 years ago.
Hi,I bet you are doing it right but just to be sure have a look at these steps and confirm its how you are doing it.http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Unlock_a_Forgotten_Lock_Pattern_Samsung_Nexus_S_4G_from_Google/25162-399Let me know please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have checked out the website and i have done the steps but it is still locked. I have tried more than 15 times to unlock my phone, is it possible to reset the settings from my google account?

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 4 years ago.
If you can get on Gmail nd change your password XXXXX go to the phone and tap on forgot pattern. this will take you to the email page. enter the full email address and the new password XXXXX just set to log in to gmail. this should prompt for a new pattern.

I just tied this on my phone. Let me know if this works.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have just tried to unlock my phone after changing my password on gmail on the internet, but it does not work on my phone. It says 'too many password attempts' and 'invalid username and password'.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im sorry, I pressed the accept button before my problem is solved, please continue to give me help until my problem is solved or my parents will get angry at me for spending money without the problem being solved. Thank you!
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 4 years ago.
Thats fine we will work on getting you sorted out. On Gmail go to forgot password and reset the password on gmail then log on to gmail. Let me know when this is done.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already changed my password on Gmail, it works fine on the computer but my phone still doesnt let me sign in.
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 4 years ago.

We can use the two step verification from google. Have a look at this video and let me know if you are OK with this then I can walk you thru it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zMabEyrtPRg

Let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I still can't unlock my phone so i can't read messages or download apps. How do I factory reset my phone?
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 4 years ago.

1. Turn the power off. If your Nexus S 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Google Nexus S 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Let me knoe how it goes please

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have done up to step 4. but it allows for power off, start, restart bootloader, and recovery mode. which do i choose?
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 4 years ago.
Go into recovery