Waitongu2
Waitongu2, Technician
Experience:  Member xda dev Samsung forums, owner 2 Galaxy S Gingerbread Root.
64043135

my power button doesnt work on my droid 2. plugged it in to

Customer Question

my power button doesnt work on my droid 2. plugged it in to pc and now i get the black screen ... bootloader d2.37 battery ok ok to program... now what do i do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.

Please note that all data will be deleted from the Motorola DROID 2 as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.

1. Power down the DROID 2 by holding the power button and then selecting Power Off
  2. Hold the X key on the keyboard and turn the power back on, keep holding down the X key until you see a yellow triangle icon
  3. Now close the slider and hold down the Volume Up button, then press the Camera button while still holding volume up
  4. A menu will appear and one of the choices will be "wipe data/factory reset" -- use the direction pad on they keyboard to select this option
  5. Scroll down using the direction pad to the "yes" option and select it with the d-pad select key

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Motorola DROID 2. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Please let me know if this helps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i cant do this because all the screen shows is a black page with "bootlaoder" "d2.37" "battery ok""ok to program" "transfer mode:usb"
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.
Please remove the battery on the phone then put it back and try the steps above. Let me know if this is possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ive tried a few times now, it immediately goes to the black page i refered to. also keep in my mind my power button does not work. the first time i tried using the x button i got the triangle and exclamation point, that was before i contacted you. since then its like it bricked the phone
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.
I would at this point take to the carrier if this happened without you trying to load ROM. If this happened during just normal operation then just take it in and they will replace it for you.

If you were trying to load a ROM then we can look at what you were tying to load and we can try reverse it. Let me know what you want to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
alrite. thanks for you help anyways
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i left the battery out for awhile and plugged in again. i was able to get the yellow triangle to appear. tried doing the volume and camera button but nothing happens. any more suggestions ?
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.
At this point if you are till getting the same error i would take it to the shop (carrier) and explain the same way you did here. It is most likely an OTA 9 Ovr The Air) update that broke it. They will usually restore or replace it for you. I can also opt out if you wish to have another expert have a go at this. Let me know how you want to proceed.