Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My Kindle Fire keeps dropping my Wi-Fi connection after it

My Kindle Fire keeps dropping my Wi-Fi connection after it has succesfully been connected.What is the solution?
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

There are a few reasons this could be happening but lets try the two most common resolutions to the issue(over 99% of the time). The problem isn't serious. We just need to make some small adjustments to your routers settings.

Heres how you resolve it:

Try this first:

1. Log into your router
  2. Locate the settings for controlling the signal type. It will probably be set on B/G/N auto.
  3. We need to set it to either G only or N only(if you have all N enabled devices, then N only is recommended to improve performance for all devices)

If that doesnt work, then its more than likely this:

1. Log into your router, and disable wireless security(this is temporary).
  2. Now connect your Android to Wifi, to your new unsecured network.
  3. Log back into your router and enable Security, MAKE SURE you choose WPA2 for security and NOT WPA or WEP.
  4. Use a new password(you will have to change this with any other device you had logged into your old network wirelessly).
  5. Connect your Android to the network now, it should be working fine (make sure you use your new password!).

If neither of these are working to resolve it, then the router itself may simply not be compatible. While its rare, there are a few routers that dont work well with Android wifi drivers.

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to ask.

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time Assisting you. Keep in mind that JustAnswer does NOT pay me salary and only by you pressing accept am I compensated! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!! Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.