d2rhino
d2rhino, Customer Service
Experience:  Two years of android assistance and android device security
63416420

I can;t get my vizio tablet to turn on. It flashes in red

I can;t get my vizio tablet to turn on. It flashes in red in the middle "low battery, shut down. I have it plugged into the wall outlet and after about an hour, I can't get it to boot or even get to the "power off" button. Any ideas?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  d2rhino replied 4 years ago.
Hello!

Let the tablet charge for at least a total of two hours. If it still won't power on correctly, ensure that the battery is seated properly and that there isn't any plastic or packaging between the connection terminals and the battery. If the battery shows to be charging but the tablet isn't turning on, try a hard reset by following these steps:

1. Before starting, make sure that the tablet is powered off. Not just in sleep mode. Now press & hold both the UP and DOWN volume buttons at the same time. You may find it easier to hold the tablet in the landscape position on a table or on your lap while you hold down both buttons.
  2. Next press and hold the power button until the tablet buttons light up. It will take a minute to happen, but when they do immediately let go of the power button ONLY. Keep holding down both the UP and DOWN volume buttons. You only have a second to do this other wise the tablet will continue boot up as normal and you will have to start again from step one.
  3. After a bit of holding down both volume keys the screen will show the Vizio logo. Then the logo will change to a TRIANGLE with an exclamation mark.
  4. Now you can let go of the volume buttons.
  5. Tap the home button to pop up the boot recovery menu. Follow the instructions to reset your tablet. Pressing the up/down volume buttons allow you to scroll up and down the list. A quick press on the power button will accept your selection.
  6. Wait for the tablet to come up.

If the above doens't work, your tablet has faulty hardware from the factory and needs to be replaced. I hope the reset works for you, and if not, sorry to be the bearer of bad news!