d2rhino
d2rhino, Customer Service
Experience:  Two years of android assistance and android device security

I have a Polaroid 7 tablet. I set a password XXXXX it, but now

Customer Question

I have a Polaroid 7' tablet. I set a password XXXXX it, but now now when asking for password XXXXX typing in the password, it's not accepting it and I can't do anything. What can I do to continue/reset to access the tablet?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I still need HELP. I have tried calling customer service numerous times throughout the day and get disconnected.

What do you need to know?

Expert:  d2rhino replied 2 years ago.
You should be able to bypass the password XXX set using your Gmail/Google account (after entering an incorrect password X times this option should appear as a button saying "Forgot your password?"). If not, you'll need to perform a factory reset on the device.

To perform a factory rest (you will lose all data/settings on the device):

Turn off the tablet. Hold down the volume up and down button along with the power button. Make sure you're holding all 3 at the same time, then it will power on and then you can reboot or reset the device. Hope this helps, and let me know if you get stuck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this is not working either. It does not give me the option of rebooting. This tablet is brand new and has nothing in it so i'm not worried about loosing items.

Expert:  d2rhino replied 2 years ago.
Refer to your manual as to how to reset the device to factory settings, this should clear the password XXX allow you to use the tablet again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you kidding me. The only thing the manual says for reset, is to just hit the reset button if your tablet freezes up. I have done this and nothing has happened. So far I am not happy with any of the responses I have been given.
Expert:  d2rhino replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like you may have a bad device out of the box if your hard reset switch isn't working. I recommend exchanging it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!