Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

I have a new Targus AKB33USX Bluetooth Keyboard. I have tried

I have a new Targus AKB33USX Bluetooth Keyboard. I have tried repeatedly and cannot get the Keyboard to pair with the Vizio tablet. Chat with Targus tech was not successful and told to contact Vizio for pairing info. Can you help? Jimmy Taylor:[email protected]; XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thank you; Jimmy

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

This is not the answer you want to hear, nor is it the one I want to give but its the truth none the less. The issue is neither the Bluetooth device, nor the phone. Whats happening is the two devices are running incompatible bluetooth drivers. They may connect temporarily as most bluetooth drivers are universal, however some commands are not recognized by all devices and any foreign command will kill the connection or prevent any connection at all.

This is a big issue with all the bluetooth devices now a days, which is why you see larger companies like Motorola and Samsung developing their own bluetooth devices to use with their smartphones as they know they will be compatible.

Your phone will automatically update its bluetooth drivers, which are a part of any OTA updates. If your device is having issues unfortunately all you can do is wait for an update that fixes it.
Both companies(BT and phone) will say "the other company" has an update, but its just not true. They just dont want to say "hey, right now its not 100% compatible and we might get it fixed with the next update".

Sorry for the bad news, I just didn't want you to keep hoping something would work and driving yourself crazy!

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!! Visit and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.