Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric , Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Hi,Im trying to watch TV shows on my Samsung tablet and

Customer Question

I'm trying to watch TV shows on my Samsung tablet and I keep getting a message saying I need to download an updated version of flash. I can play netflix movies with no difficulty. Can you help? What should I do?
Thanks,
Rosemary
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Are you trying to watch a TV show from the Networks website, for example ABC.com or Fox.com or CBS.com, etc.?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Eric - Yes, I would watch from those TV stations. Actually I'm in Canada so I've only tried Canadian networks. Same difference!

Thanks,

Rosemary

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Eric,

Logging off this computer and going home. I'll check back later to see if you've found the answer.

Cheers!

Rosemary

Ok Rosemary, I hate to give you the bad news.

Networks block access to their online TV viewing from tablets and most home "streaming" boxes like Google TV and Roku boxes. They will only allow you to stream shows if you are using a computer, not a mobile device.

Many networks are coming out with their own Apps that allow you to watch shows, but the networks aren't exactly in a hurry to do it, as they seem to think its "giving it away", that even though you pay for cable and can watch it free on your computer, that you should have to pay MORE to watch it on your mobile device... so there aren't many that have the apps out yet.

The error you get, "get the newest flash player", is the generic error you are going to get when the site has blocked access to some devices, like yours.

Sorry for the bad news.. its drives me crazy too though, we have multiple tablets and I would kill to be able to watch shows from network websites like I can on my pc.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Eric,

Thanks so much for looking into it. At least I know that it's not something I'm doing wrong! I'll just have to keep watching on my computer. I only have Hide-my-ip on my laptop anyway and can only watch U.S. shows using that. I'm still glad I bought the tablet though.

Thanks again,
Rosemary

You will still enjoy the tablet, the more you use it, the more you will realize how much you actually start relying on them. I love my tablets!

I wish there was more I could have done for you, but there's not much I can do to control billion dollar networks

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
.