Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

New Samsung Galaxy SII. Need to sync Outlook Contacts to phone,

New Samsung Galaxy SII. Need to sync Outlook Contacts to phone, how is this done please?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

This is no problem, give me 10 minutes to type out all the directions and you will have them all on your Android in a matter of minutes.

First thing we need to do is export the Contacts:

1. In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export.
  2. Click Export to a file, and then click Next.
  3. Click Comma Separated Values (Windows), and then click Next.
  4. In the folder list, click the Contacts folder, and then click Next.
  5. Browse to the folder where you want to save the contacts as a .csv file.
  6. Type a name for the exported file, and then click OK.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click Finish.

Now lets get them imported to your Gmail account so they sync automatically with your Android Device:

1. Log into Gmail.com with the same Google Account that is on your Android Device.
  2. Click on the "Contacts" link in the top left under the Google logo.
  3. Click on More Actions.
  4. Click Import.
  5. Now choose the file you just exported from Outlook.
  6. Thats it!

Now open your Android devices Settings so we can make sure they will be synced to the device.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Choose Accounts & Sync
  3. Make sure both Background Data and Auto-Sync are enabled
  4. Now click on the Google account in the list and make sure that the contacts are enabled in the options for that account.

Thats it! All your contacts will now sync to your Android Device.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time Assisting you. Keep in mind that JustAnswer does NOT pay me salary and only by you pressing accept am I compensated! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!! Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Eric,

Have created the export file as described, however logging into Gmail.com with my emailaddress and paasword, the function immediately opened inot the inbox and I am not able to get to the "side " functions, i.e. sent inbox etc.

You need to log into gmail.com on your computer, to do this(in case you weren't).

If you are on the computer, then on gmail.com at the top left you will see a Gmail logo. under that it will say "Mail" if you click there you will get the option to choose Contacts.

Answers by Eric, Developer