Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My new DROID 3 wont turn back on, I tried charging it in several

My new DROID 3 won't turn back on, I tried charging it in several locations, taking the battery out and then replacing it and I have also tried the factory reset and get no response. Its odd because every now and then ill press the power button and the screen may get a little brighter. but that is it. i nee dhelp please!

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

If you slide out the keyboard, and hold down the X key and then press and hold the power key, then continue to hold both for about 15 seconds... does the recovery screen appear?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
:( sadly it does not. Is there anything else to do?

Have you tried it, with the device plugged into a wall charger?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had not, I am now, I just did. At first the screen lit up as it occassionally does, but nothing happened, the screen just redarkened and no droid or motorola symbool appeared

Ok, leave it on that same charger for 30 minutes and try again.

If it doesnt work, it could simply be a dead battery. I suggest you going into a Verizon store and testing it with one of their batteries, and if that doesnt work then yes... the phone would need to be replaced.