Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

How to enable cookies on android tablet?

Customer Question

I can't access aol email on 7" ematic eglide tablet. (I could in the past.) It says I must have javascript and cookies enabled.  How can I enable cookies when there is no taskbar with Tools and Internet Options to click on?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 3 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

I am very sorry no one has gotten back to you about this yet. I understand many problems are time sensitive and may have already been resolved. If this is the case I can have the question closed for you.

If you have not resolved the issue, I would be glad to do what I can to help, just let me know you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. I'd still like to know how to fix this. As I said, I could access aol email in the past, but not now.

I went to edit my question to see if I could make it higher priority, and it appears that I've been charged twice when actually, I already had a positive balance in my account that they could have taken the fee out of, so please check on that.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gloria

I can tell you how to enable cookies, etc., but I cant help you with account problems. However, I will send you issue to our Customer Service so they can contact you Wink.

1. Open the Browser App.
  2. Press the Menu button on the device
  3. Choose Settings (you may have to press "More", to see the Settings option)
  4. Once in the Settings Screen scroll through the list and you will see options to Enable Javascript and Enable Cookies(Accept Cookies).

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time Assisting you. Keep in mind that JustAnswer does NOT pay me salary and only by you pressing accept am I compensated! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!! Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Here's the problem -- when I press Browser, there is no Menu key. I can get to Settings, but there is nothing there to do with Javascript or Cookies. The things there are: Wireless & networks, sound & display, location & security, applications, accounts & sync (when I click there, I see XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX which has a sync error - and that's probably the problem as I recall something about that having to work when I first got this stupid table), there's also privacy, TF card & device storage, language & keyboard, date & time, touch panel calibration, USB mode select, update media library, and about device. Nada to do with cookies.

No, you are not looking for a menu on the screen, when the browser is open you need to press the physical menu button on the device. If there is no physical menu button, then you need to press the virtual one. Most times a virtual menu button is represented as 4 horizontal lines.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That worked! I don't know why it got screwed up, but it's good now. Thank you.

No problem, I am glad I could help.

If you ever need anything in the future, you can get me directly at helpwithandroid.com