Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

How do I unlock my samsung galaxy s GT-19000? I had it on the

How do I unlock my samsung galaxy s GT-19000? I had it on the pattern lock out but somehow I'm no longer able to unlock it as it is asking for my email and password XXXXX it is aying too many pattern attempts
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Which carrier did the device come from?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Virgin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did take the phone to Virgin at the mall and they were not able to help. They suggested I open up a gmail as that is what the phone is asking in order to unlock it but even with the gmail address and password XXXXX it is still locked and asking for an email and password.

Unfortunately you will have to perform a factory reset of the device. This is the ONLY way to get access to the phone again.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again and can log back in using that same account(also the data must have been synced previously).

As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
  3. Hold down the Volume UP and Home buttons then press the Power button for four seconds. Release the power button but DO NOT release the other buttons.
  4. Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
  5. Follow the instructions on screen to navigate through the options.
  6. Select Clear Storage or Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
  7. Confirm your choice by pressing the power button or Home button.
  8. Now confirm your choice.
  9. When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your new device.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If not and I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK this page to get me directly with ANY Android questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OMG It worked. Thank You so much. I was about to give up and chuck the damn phone....Samsung should really look at having this feature changed.

But yes thanks again!!! You so deserve your $34....:)