computerguru86
computerguru86, Hobbyist
Experience:  I have owned and worked on many android devices.
63074830

hotmail keeps asking for password

Customer Question

My primary hotmail account keeps asking me to enter my password XXXXX times a day. When I go to hotmail.com in my PC, it will tell me I have tried the password XXXXX many times incorrectly when I haven't at all. 

I also have a samsung galaxy s2 phone and the hotmail app, and it asks me for the password XXXXX several times a day. What can I do?

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
One of your devices is sending out the wrong password, causing the account to lock out, and then the rest of the devices fail to connect.
Power down all the devices.
Use your computer to sign in and change the password.
Then power up one device at a time, and change the password XXXXX the device - then verify you can sign in properly, and move to the next device.

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure what devices to power off. I use regularly my laptop at home, PC at work and cell phone all day.
I have signed in on other computers from time to time.
What devices could be sending a wrong password XXXXX me asking it to?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
It would be either the cell phone, or the computer at work.
Power both off, then change the password, power one of them on, change to the new password, and then do the other one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I turned off both the work PC and phone.

I logged in a third computer and changed password.

Turned on work PC and logged in with new password.

Truned off work PC and turned on Phone and logged in with new password.

So far everything is OK, but I would have to wait a while and see if I get prompted again by the cell phone.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Pls take your time.
Please don't forget to click the Accept button, thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, sorry I haven't accepted the answer. I haven't forgotten, thing is I got prompted yesterday early morning again for my password XXXXX my cell phone. I had to enter it 3 times in order for it to get it.

So it actually slowed the prompting but not totally I think. What do you think we should do

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Try to remove the app from the phone, and reinstall it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I've been away from computers for the weekend, only with my cell. the prompting has been worst than ever actually. i uninstalled the hotmail app but didn't work. let me bow, thanks.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Are the cell and computer the only devices that access the account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In a daily basis yes. i have accessed in other devices of course, but only once and logged out.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
And only the phone gives you a problem, never on any other device?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mostly the phone but when i use hotmail on my pc what happens is it tells me i have entered a wrong password XXXXX many times and asks me to enter the correct password XXXXX those skewed letters
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
That means there is some device, somewhere, what is trying to login to your account, causing the lockout.
You need to find this device...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll try to find it but its not going yo be easy. what i need to do is log out from every device right?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Yeah, exactly!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've been searching for that device that keeps sending my password XXXXX haven't found it. Thats why I haven't accepted the answer, sorry about that.

I get prompted occationally now but still. Unlike gmail that has never given me any problems at all, and it's the account I use more

best

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
The only other option is that someone else is continously trying to hack into your account, however there is no way to stop that other than to get a new account.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've noticed I get prompted for the password XXXXX I don't have good signal and I guess hotmail pings for refreshing and finds no internet connection. This is my guess.

Problem is I have to insert my password XXXXX to 5 times before it accepts it.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
If you have a weak wireless signal that causes the page not to load properly, that could be a reason. Perhaps you should consider replacing your wireless router.

J.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Still having lockout problems with Hotmail. It says I've entered too many times password XXXXX I haven't.
In my android phone had to get rid of the Hotmail App because it prompted me for password XXXXX much.
Expert:  computerguru86 replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name is Kayla

Does this happen to you when you just go online with your phone and go to hotmail.com or is only with the hotmail app
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kayla,

Were you able to read my previews thread?

This happens when I go to hotmail.com in any of my computers. It says account locked due to too many tries entering a wrong password.

Then on my android phone the Hotmail app asked me to re-enter my hotmail password XXXXX times a day.

So have you been able to access your hotmail account? How long has it been since this started happening? So let me see if I get this correct, when you try to access your hotmail account it wont let you it has locked you out. So now on your android since your locked out of hotmail it keeps asking for your password XXXXX? What happens when you enter your password XXXXX your phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can access, but I have to enter my password XXXXX the hidden code that they ask.

On my cell I can also access, but I have to enter my password XXXXX times for it to accept it.

I've never been completely left out of my account, it's just that I have to enter my password XXXXX the code on my PC and that my cell phone keeps prompting me to enter my password XXXXX and again.

I thought that you said that your account says it is locked for too many attempts of the wrong password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In my pc it does but when I enter my password XXXXX it goes through

please read the previous thread.
Have you tried to change your password XXXXX see if this makes a difference?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it doesn't work
Let me understand what you are saying, it doesn't allow you to change the password, or it just doesn't help when you change the password???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It doesn't help when I change the password.

I tried changing the password, and also tried changing the password XXXXX the PC while the phone was off (previous expert advice) but no luck.

I am so confused on what your actual problem is, your able to access your account on both your phone and your computer? I am not sure I understand what the problem is here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. Yes I'm able to access my account on both my cell and PC.

BUT, on the PC almost everyday I enter my password XXXXX it says: Please enter the hidden letters to make sure you're human (or something similar) because you have tried a wrong password XXXXX many times.

Then I enter the letters and my password XXXXX I get access. I don't want to go through this everyday.

Then on my phone, when I get an app for my hotmail account and set it up to receive messages by PUSH, several times a day I get asked for my hotmail password XXXXX the app. I have to enter it at least 3 times, everytime, to get access to my new e-mails.

Okay that makes more since, does it prompt you for the password XXXXX you just access hotmail from your phone not through the app but just on the internet on your phone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is actually what am currently doing. Accessing my hotmail from the dolphin browser of my phone and its been OK. No prompting or anything.

But then I have to check my email only when I remember to check it. And also the process is a bit longer doing it by the browser of course.

I would rather have the app fuctioning well

Well it sounds like it is an App issue that is for sure, Have you tried to download another mail app and just putting hotmail in there, it would do the same thing has hotmil. See the thing is when you are deleting the app and then downloading it again, it actually deleting it all the way, you would have to do a hard reset on your phone to be able download the hotmail app and see if it works then but I dont think this would be worth it, so i would say download another mail app and put you hotmail account in there are try that.
computerguru86, Hobbyist
Experience: I have owned and worked on many android devices.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The second expert didn't help at all. If I could leave feedback for both I would.
I would like another expert who could read the previous threads and try to help my case. Thanks
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I would like to try and help.

I have read the thread and i see you took of the hotmail. App. Are you getting password XXXXX since? If not. I would suggest getting the App again and setting it up afresh. Let me know if you want to try this,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello,

Yes I uninstalled the Hotmail app. Now what I do is check the email on my Dolphin Browser every now and then but I forget sometimes.

I could install it again, but problem is that almost every time I try to access my Hotmail account the message "you've tried the wrong password XXXXX many times..." appears and I have to enter it again and the secret code thing.

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 2 years ago.
If we are not getting the notification that the password XXXXX XXXXX I would suggest we install the hotmail App then carefully key in the credentials and see if we get the same problem again. Let me know if you want to give this a try