Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Hi Eric, I cant get internet access on my Samsung Galaxy

Customer Question

Hi Eric,

I cant get internet access on my Samsung Galaxy S android. For some reason the search engine has quit working. the phone and text functions work fine, but no the internet browser (google) will not. Please help.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Ok, sop basically you are saying that the Data network isn't working yes? It DID work when you were on WiFi but wont when you're not?

If thats the case, lets try this first.

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Choose Wireless & Networks
  3. IF for some reason Flight/Airplane mode is enabled, disable it.
  4. IF it was disabled, then enable it for 2 minutes, then disable it again and pull the battery out to reboot it.
  5. Go back into the Wireless settings and go to Mobile Networks and make sure that DATA is enabled.

Let me know, as one of those should do it, but of course if not we will continue to work with it!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hey Eric,

it was really stupid, I figured it out myself. the stupid 3G network got turned off somehow...probably by my 6 year old.

im gonna pay you anyway because you always help me and your the balls with these issues. And I want you there next time I need you.

Thanks man

At least we know my answer was right, as thats exactly what you did!

I cant tell you how much I appreciate you accepting the answer, but please know this.. I will always do my best to help you anytime in the future, even if you didn't accept it!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cool,

Take Care

Have a great day Mike.