Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

How do I delete locations in Google Map app and in Navigation

How do I delete locations in Google Map app and in Navigation app on my Droid 3? I have useless destinations in both places that I was just playing around with when I first got my phone.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

This should clear it all out for you. There isn't a way to delete them one by one, but you can delete all of them at once.

1. Go to your Settings by either opening the Settings app, or going to your home screen > pressing the menu button on the phone > choose settings.
  2. Choose Applications
  3. Choose Manage Applications
  4. Tap on the 'All' tab at the top
  5. Locate and tap on the Google Maps app
  6. Tap on the Clear Data button
  7. Do the same for the Navigation app
  8. Pull the battery from the phone and then replace it and reboot it

Unfortunately if you only want to delete a few select ones, there just isn't an option for it.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Please keep in mind I am NOT paid a salary by Just Answer, If I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you!

Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK the page to get me directly with ANY questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Neither of those apps are appearing in my "all" list. If I go into the "running" tab, Google maps is there but Navigation isn't. When I tap on Google maps there, it has two things: services and processes, and I can't tap on either one, or my menu button from that screen. Ideas?

Thats very odd, but it seems your system apps may have been locked down, let me see if I can find another way for you to clear the data. I will post again as soon as I find something.

Ok, this is a direct quote/statement from a Google Developer about the problem you have, and his solution:

"Hi folks, You are correct. Currently, if you've downloaded Google Maps from Market and want to clear things like history you'll need to uninstall the app and reinstall it again.

We've definitely heard you on this issue so thanks for your patience while we investigate this.

Best, Chris"

So there we go, thats why you couldn't do it as we could before. The app was updated and this happened, you can expect it to be fixed in an upcoming release/update but for now you will need to uninstall and reinstall the app via the Android Market.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK- I found "google maps" under "downloaded" and followed the directions in your first answer, but can't find Navigation app anywhere- under downloaded, all, media area, or running. I tried throwing it in the trash and then bringing it back to my home page, but it's an app I didn't have to download, it came on my phone already. Ideas?

The Navigate app isn't actually its own app. Its a part of Google Maps. If you were to uninstall Google Maps you would also uninstall Navigate, and the same goes with installing it. Google Maps installed, also gives you Navigate.

So your best option is uninstalling Google Maps through the Market and then install it again.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team