Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I am trying to transfer multiple photos from my Samsung Galaxy

I am trying to transfer multiple photos from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Keis Air. I can connect no problem and can download single photos to my computer, but when I try to download multiple photos I get a message on my computer saying Java is not available and to install it (which I have done several times!!) and I get not further with the download. Can u help.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

I know this will sound silly, but reboot your computer. Its more than likely that Java is installed but the system hasn't updated to know that it is. After a reboot, if its still not working please let me know and I will walk you through another way to sync the files to your pc.

If it works, perfect! If not tell me and we will continue.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If not and I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK the page to get me directly with ANY questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Re boot has no effect, as soon as the Kies air page opens in the browser the message saying Java is not available appears.

Ok, there seems to be an issue with Kies itself then. You can easily drag and drop multiple files or entire folders to your computer without kies though.

When you plug your phone into your computer without kies on, choose to put your phone in mass storage mode, or disc mode, and on yoru computer when prompted choose "open folder to view files".

You will then get a windows explorer window, and you can simply drag and drop the entire folder or groups of files right onto your pc just like you would with any external drive.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already knew about this method, but was trying to do it using Kies Air wirelessly, as in my original question. Do u know of a fix for the original problem please?

Kies AIR is one of the most buggy software releases with more than half its users unable to use it properly. There isn't a known way to resolve it, and Samsung has promised repeatedly to fix it and hasn't.

However there is another way you can sync all the images in a folder wirelessly without Kies AIR using another app. Its a service that once you sign up for(free) you will never stop using, thats a promise.

Its called Dropbox. I will give you the instructions to set it all up. If you want to share ALL the images in a folder all at once, use the second set of instructions under the dropbox instructions to do so.

1. Visit Dropbox by clicking here
    (watch the video if you want, its VERY informative!). Sign up for a FREE account and download the Windows/Mac Software they provide.
  2. Now open the Market app on your Android and search the Market for "dropbox".
  3. Once the dropbox app installs on your Android, sign in using the same account you just created on their website.
  4. That's it, now the simple part.
  5. Open up ANY file (picture, video, etc.) that you have on your Android and press the Menu button on the phone. Choose to "Share" the file, and choose Dropbox as the app to share it with.
  6. As soon as its done uploading, the file will instantly become available on your computer in the Dropbox folder that you now have thanks to the Windows software you installed!
  7. This also works in reverse, if you wish to you can drop a file into your dropbox folder on your computer and it will be available by opening the dropbox app on your phone.

This is by far the easiest way to wirelessly sync files to and from your pc!

A little hint. ANY file you have synced with your dropbox account is also available via dropbox.com , so you can access them from any browser on any computer, anywhere.

How to Share FOLDERS of images, without sharing them one by one to dropbox.

1. Download a free app called "QuickPic" (its a Gallery app, but with far more features than the stock one you are using)
  2. Once it loads all your images open the folder that has all the images you want to your pc
  3. Press the Menu button on your phone
  4. Choose multi select
  5. Press Menu again and choose select all
  6. Press Menu again and choose Share and select Dropbox.

Now all those images will upload to your computer.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team