Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric , Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

how do you convert jar to apk and tar to apk

Customer Question

how do you convert jar to apk and tar to apk?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

I am going to go out on a limb here.. and guess that you are trying to convert Cell Control?

If so, let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yup, lol.

You're not going to like this... but its the truth none the less, so its what you deserve.

Its NOT as easy as just converting it. Cell Control and the other companies have a habit of telling their customers that just to get a sale.

You can't just convert a jar to an apk. It has to be compiled for Android. Android's java library doesn't have all the swing stuff that's in normal java, so the app most likely would have to be re-written to work on android.

There's a reason they(Cell Control / Bloover / WatchMe / etc.) dont just convert the files themselves and sell the apk file(an apk file is an app installation for Android). The reason they dont just convert it and sell it themselves is they know it doesn't work after conversion. Think about it, if it could be converted, they would do it and just sell you the APK file. They simply want you to buy the program, once they sell it to you they dont care if it works or not.

There is a company called "UpOnTek" (upontek.com) that if you send them the jar/java files they will send you back an APK file for you Android device. Thats your best option to get Cell Control as an apk. But, it's still not guaranteed to work properly (and I dont even recommend it, but I feel I should give you all options).

Android is designed to thwart spyware, and to not allow it which is why you wont find any of the spyware companies selling you Android files directly.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If not and I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK the page to get me directly with ANY questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com